If you are having problems with your wifi Broadcom bcm4311 drivers as I did, you may follow these steps below.
- Verify your BCM Netwok Controller:
- If you have package bcmwl-kernel-source installed, it will be necessary to remove it:
- Install firmware-b43-installer and the b43-fwcutter packages:
- Verify if your bcm hardware is blacklisted. Run the command below:
- If you see ‘blacklist bcm43xx’ there, it means its blacklisted.
- Remove it from blacklist by editing the conf file
- Comment the line putting a # in front of the line: blacklist bcm43xx. Save the file.
- Reboot your pc.
- Confirm your wifi is not blocked.